Timetric Construction Reports
Our construction analysts work with unique proprietary data to help create reports that define markets, identify trends and deliver actionable insights. From infrastructure projects to materials and equipment, our reports are developed in conjunction with our advisory panels to make sure they suit your needs.
The Global Particleboard Industry – Current and Forecast Production Capacities
For any enquiries please contact email@example.com
- Particleboard production capacity
- North America
- Rest of the world
- Future trends
- Duratex SA
- The report provides analysis, information and insights related to global particleboard production, including:
- Analysis of factors that influence demand in the global particleboard industry
- Historic and forecast production volumes covering the global particleboard industry
- Detailed listings of particleboard production facilities featuring production capacities
- Product code: CN0002MA
- Published: Oct. 31, 2011
- 21 pages
- Single-user: $200
- Site License: $400
- Enterprise License: $600
- Terms & Conditions
As would be expected, given the depressing economic news which continues to emanate from North America, there is little to report from that region (US, Canada and Mexico) and certainly no new capacity planned of which we were aware as we went to press in early September. There were, however, a number of mills that changed ownership last year and some that closed – either completely or ‘moth-balled’ for the foreseeable future. In the former EU15 countries in western Europe, the story is mainly one of closures, of which there are several, with the exception of some new capacity from Swedspan, which supplies all its production to furniture maker IKEA.
- Wood Based Panels International magazine (WBPI) is famous for its unique surveys containing lists of all the mills producing OSB, MDF and particleboard panels worldwide, which it has been publishing annually for over 12 years.
- Listings for OSB in North America and the ‘Rest of the World’ are both published in the April/May issue each year. Those for MDF are published in two parts: Mills in Europe and North America in the June/July issue; and mills in the ‘Rest of the World’ in the August/September issue. Particleboard lists are also published in two parts on the same basis as MDF, with Part 1 in the October/November issue and Part 2 in the December/January issue. This title combines the listings for MDF into one document.
- Not only do these surveys provide an invaluable source of information about the mills’ locations and annual capacities, but they also include in-depth, expert analysis of the markets in terms of current trends and forecasts for the coming years.
• In terms of trade, European particleboard saw an upturn in 2010 over 2009, with imports rising 14% and exports by 8.5%, including intra-European trade.
• Despite a slight decline in output and some mill/line closures, Germany remained the largest producer in Europe last year.
• Our total capacity figure for the industry in 2010 in the ‘Rest of the world’ shows a very slight, almost insignificant increase of 43,000m3 over the 2009 capacity of 30,391m3, to 30,434m3.
• There are estimated to be a total of over 280 particleboard lines in China – a figure which it is difficult to verify as the vast majority are under 100,000m3 capacity – well under in many cases, with capacities as low as 28,000m3/year being listed.
Reasons to buy
- Take strategic business decisions using detailed historic and forecast data related to particleboard production and mill capacities
- Understand the demand factors within the global particleboard industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
Table of contents
North American capacity overview
EU 15 capacity overview
Other Europe capacity overview
European manufacturing plant capacities
US manufacturing plant capacities
Canada and Mexico manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world capacity overview
Average line capacities
Future capacity changes
Rest of the world – China – manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world – South America – manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world – North East Asia – manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world – South East Asia – manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world – Other Asia – manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world – Australasia – manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world – Africa – manufacturing plant capacities
List of tables
North American capacity
North American average line capacity
Capacity outside EU15
North America future capacity changes
EU15 future capacity changes
Non EU15 future capacity changes
Future capacity changes: Europe and North America
Mills outside Europe and North America at end 2010
Rest of the world average line capacity 2010
Europe and North America average line capacity 2010
Distribution of production line capacities 2010
Future capacity development
World particleboard capacity
List of figures
Europe existing plants, December 2010
US existing plants, December 2010
Canada existing plants, December 2010
Mexico existing plants, December 2010
Rest of the world existing plants, December 2010