Timetric Construction Reports
Our construction analysts work with unique proprietary data to help create reports that define markets, identify trends and deliver actionable insights. From infrastructure projects to materials and equipment, our reports are developed in conjunction with our advisory panels to make sure they suit your needs.
The Global MDF Industry – Current and Forecast Production Capacities
For any enquiries please contact email@example.com
- MDF production capacity
- North America
- Rest of the world
- Future trends
- Flakeboard Company
- Duratex SA
- Weihua MDF Manufacturing Co Ltd
- Dare Group Co Ltd
- Luyuan Group
- The report provides analysis, information and insights related to global MDF production, including:
- Analysis of factors that influence demand in the global MDF industry
- Historic and forecast production volumes covering the global MDF industry
- Detailed listings of MDF production facilities featuring production capacities
- Product code: CN0001MA
- Published: Aug. 31, 2011
- 19 pages
- Single-user: $200
- Site License: $400
- Enterprise License: $600
- Terms & Conditions
Despite the turbulent economic conditions, MDF capacity outside Europe and North America saw an increase of 9.9% over 2009, largely because of expansions in China, South America and Thailand.
- Wood Based Panels International magazine (WBPI) is famous for its unique surveys containing lists of all the mills producing OSB, MDF and particleboard panels worldwide, which it has been publishing annually for over 12 years.
- Listings for OSB in North America and the ‘Rest of the World’ are both published in the April/May issue each year. Those for MDF are published in two parts: Mills in Europe and North America in the June/July issue; and mills in the ‘Rest of the World’ in the August/September issue. Particleboard lists are also published in two parts on the same basis as MDF, with Part 1 in the October/November issue and Part 2 in the December/January issue. This title combines the listings for MDF into one document.
- Not only do these surveys provide an invaluable source of information about the mills’ locations and annual capacities, but they also include in-depth, expert analysis of the markets in terms of current trends and forecasts for the coming years.
• Capacity in Europe showed a 6.4% increase at end-2010 over end-2009.
• Kastamonu remains the European manufacturer to watch, with three further mills planned in 2011 and beyond in Turkey, Ukraine and Russia.
• At the end of 2010, the rest of the world possessed 68.3% of global MDF capacity (2009 – 67.7%). Although not a significant increase, it does still show that the ‘old MDF world’ is still shrinking in its share of global capacity.
• In 2011, Chinese capacity will grow by slightly more than 10% to regain its status as the largest MDF region in the world.
Reasons to buy
- Take strategic business decisions using detailed historic and forecast data related to MDF production and mill capacities
- Understand the demand factors within the global MDF industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
Table of contents
European capacity overview
European MDF manufacturing plant capacities
Future changes in Europe
North American capacity overview
North American business barometer
North American MDF manufacturing plant capacities
Rest of the world capacity overview
Rest of the world MDF manufacturing plant capacities
Developments in China
Developments in other regions
Future trends in the rest of the world
List of tables
European capacity development
Changing importance of European sub-regions
North American capacity development
North American business barometer
Summary of new capacity (Rest of the World)
Aggregate World Capacity 2010-2013
Capacity by province in China
List of figures
Europe existing plants, December 2010
North America existing plants, December 2010
World existing plants, December 2010